After a colourful history spanning over 100 years Sandy Balls has recently joined the Away Resorts family. With five holiday parks located in the Isle of Wight, Lincolnshire, Barmouth Bay, Mersea Island and Hayling Island, Sandy Balls in the new Forest is an exciting addition to our growing holiday park company.
With summer definitely on the way we know that choosing where to spend precious holiday time is a big deal and that it needs to be perfect. That’s why we’ve put together our top 5 reasons to visit so that you can make the most of every treasured holiday minute:
- Colour Festival – Sunday 30th July – We are turning our tranquil New Forest park into buzzing fun and frolics just for one day where we promise that you’ll be covered from head to toe in handfuls of neon powder paint. You’ll discover some bright food and drink, dance to some fantastic live music in the evening and get involved in activities guaranteed to make you howl with laughter. This latest trend sweeping the globe has been so popular that we thought we would give it a whirl so be sure to join us for something a little different to the normal ‘holiday park entertainment’.
- Family-friendly attractions – As well as the beautiful scenery there is also plenty of attractions to keep the whole family busy and Sandy Balls makes a great base to explore. With a water park and theme park at Paulton’s Park, stunning Exbury gardens, the monorail and National Motor Museum at Beaulieu and an amazing old steam railway, the New Forest has a unique old school charm about it.
- Cream Pie Fight – Sunday 27th August – Another first for Sandy Balls…the whole park will be taking part in a blowout celebration of summer with a foamy cream pie fight. A company ide tradition Sandy Balls will join the 2017 fun and are hoping to break the world record for the most cream pies thrown in one place. It’s going to be one hell of a day for the entire family.
- Great walking and cycling routes – The New Forest is one of the best places in the country to get some great cycling and walking in. With hundreds of miles of (nice flat) trails to discover it’s easy to see why it’s a family favourite. Fill your lungs with fresh country air and feel your body unwind to a slower pace.
- Entertainment galore – Whatever your little (or not so little) ones are into you can rest assured knowing that they will be well and truly worn out by the end of each day. With a huge selection of activities on the park including junior fencing, zorbing, archery, weird science, bird of prey encounters, forest caching, a planetarium, tie-dying, combat games, food play and nerf wars you’ll run out of time before you can try everything. That means less pressure on you to keep them occupied and more time to relax and enjoy a cold drink or join in and make some lasting memories. Find out more click here.
The New Forest has the ability to capture the heart and souls of UK holiday-makers and draw people back time and time again and with so many different ways to stay you can bring the entire clan (furry friends included) along for the ride. Put the phones and tablets down, reconnect and enjoy some quality time in the great British outdoors.